Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Comments of Lebanese Americans


These are the comments of the Maronites in the USA after they experienced the Maronite
Thanksgiving Meal or the Maronite Tauditho Meal in April 2004.

Kathy Housey, a 53-year-old Maronite woman, born in USA, said: “The Maronite Tauditho Meal explained a lot the early history of Maronites, especially for someone who converted from Latin to Maronite. It encourages me to read more about the Maronites and their history, persecutions. Ceremony of breaking the bread and the wine was reminiscent of the Last Supper.”

Najoi Jreige, a 31-year-old Maronite woman, born in Canada, said: “Excellent! It really summarized well the history of the Maronites, about which I knew to a limited extent. For kids-make it a little more simple. For adults- I would love to see more detail.”

Mike Coakley, a 35-year-old Maronite man, born in USA, said: “came full circle- Thanked God for a Church etc. Thank for at beginning and again at end. Shows that God never goes away. Good to know history which didn’t know before. I have a question: Are Maronites still divided? Why?”

Mary Ann Filipowicz, a 33-year-old Roman Catholic woman, born in Canada, said: “ Interesting. “Felt” attached to what had happened to the Maronites. I wish  that we could have done something to help, but now we can learn from them and do right. really can experience their bitterness,  pain, the “blood”. The activity brought meaning to all. this should be done again.’

Janek Filipowicz, a 33-year-old Roman Catholic man, born in USA, said: “Fabulous. should definitely put out into community so that people learn more about their history and religion.”

Melissa Hamama, a 32-year-old Maronite woman, born in USA, said: “I liked it a lot; interesting. You should continue to do.”

Jim Lionas, a 58-year-old Greek Orthodox man, born in USA, said: “I felt that it may be too historic but it was actually a good mixture of history and our relationship with our Lord.”

Helene Lionas, a 50-year-old Greek Orthodox woman, born in USA, said: “Makes tradition of Church more meaningful and “strengthening”. Saw parallels between what happened to Lebanon and what is currently happening in USA.”

Carolyn Dwaihy, a 42-year-old Maronite woman, born in Germany, said: “Loved it. Nice, not Maronite by birth, so good to really learn the history of the Maronites. It’s good that everyone participates. Uses of the senses.”

Shelly Hasey, a 19-year-old Maronite girl, born in USA, said: “Liked it because I learned about history, which dad didn’t know either.”

Kyle Hoover, a 19-year-old American Roman Catholic girl, said: “Very interesting; learned more about Lebanon. It wasn’t too long (this is good) and it was very engaging.”

Kim Dobson, a 33-year-old American Roman Catholic girl, said: “Grateful to learn more about the Maronite tradition, especially that I am Roman Catholic.”

Gary Housey, a 60-year-old Maronite man, born in USA, said: “1st impression was that it was similar to book Jeremiah and similarities between Jews and Maronites. would like to see it expanded in more detail.

Ken Rohan, a 42-year-old Maronite man, born in USA, said: “It shows you the strong faith the Maronites had.”

More Comments:
- Very informative
- I hope more people attend this event.
- wish more had attended-better attendance next year.
- exceptional historical event.
- blessing to us from God.
- Very nice job.

- We need more literature on this.
-Thank you, and now we know more about our heritage. [It] Explains more about the Bible [Mass]. Repeat over and over for all maronites.
- Thank you Fr., God sent us from Lebanon to America. We must learn more to teach others about Bet Moroon.
- Thank Norm Dwaihy for telling me about this today.
- Thank you Fr. We are so proud of you for teaching our children the roots, Faith, and Truth. We know much but we are missing much
also. We hope for better attendance. Sunday is great.
- Thanks for this learning experience. Essential to know our history. Now I know about the suffering my people went through, so I can
have a better world.
- Happy Maronite Thanksgiving. Proud to be a Christian.
- Nice idea. Now I know more than I used to know.
- Hope our history doesn’t repeat itself as it’s [1990] a black spot in our history.
- This is one of my great experiences of my life.
- This is great. I invite you to go to Windsor and share this with people.
- It’s a beautiful service. I didn’t realize how much our ancestors suffered.
- This is a new experience for me. My father emigrated in 1912 because there was a famine in Lebanon.
- It was a beautiful evening, father. It touched my heart.
- Thank you father. I enjoyed it very much. It’s very inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment