Friday, January 5, 2007

How it started


HOW IT STARTED



 During Lent 2004, I had to explain to different groups in Ann Arbor how the Jewish people celebrate Passover and what would Jesus have done during the Passover meal.



On April 1, 2004, I explained to a group of children the Passover Meal and the Last Supper in Ann Arbor, Michigan.


On April 6, 2004, I explained to a group of inmates at Washtenaw County Jail the Passover Meal and we took together the Seder Meal.

On April 8, 2004, on Holy Thursday, I explained the Passover Meal to St. Maron’s parishioners, Detroit, Michigan, USA and what would Jesus and the disciples have done during the Last Supper and its relationship to Mass.

On April 9, 2004, I was in St. Maron Church, Detroit, when I thought about the Maronites who are scattered around the world. I wondered how can the History of the Maronites be experienced within our families. How can the parents transmit their history for their children? How can the new generations be reminded of their heritage? A seder meal? No, a Maronite thanksgiving meal.

On April 12, 2004, I began my work in Ann Arbor. I finished the 1st draft on April 15, 2004.
With the permission of Monsignor Kail, the pastor of St. Sharbel Warren, Michigan, I gathered two groups of Maronites:

 The first group of 9 people experienced the Maronite Tauditho Meal on April 24, 2004 in the morning. They gathered in an office.



The second group of 22 people experienced the Maronite Tauditho Meal on April 24, 2004 in the evening. They gathered in a house in Sterling Heights, Michigan.


On May 2, 2004, a group of 12 people experienced it.
 Katherine, who is a 53-year-old Maronite woman, born in USA said: “It is the History of our heritage, the love of the land, the love of the people, the woman has a role, the lighting of the candles, the taste,...”

No comments:

Post a Comment